Ironman 70.3 is a triathlon that is organized in more than 100 countries. In Dubai this year more than 2000 participants from all over the world challenged their endurance to win the finisher medal of Ironman 70.3.
The conditions to win the title of Ironman 70.3 are below:
- Able to complete swim course in 1 hour and 10 min
- Able to complete the bike course 5 hours and 30 min from start
- Able to finish the complete swim, bike , run in max 8 hours and 30min including the transition times.
Few facts of his race and training:
NAFFCO Group CEO Eng. Khalid Al Khatib appreciating Eng. Laurentiu for his achievement in Iron Man Dubai 70.3 Championship 2020
- Started general training on 16th September 2019.
- Specific training for race started 17 Nov 2019.
- Total training distances are 44 km swim, 260 km run and 1400 km bike.
- Due to lack of experience swimming in large groups have actually swim more than needed with additional 841 m but still finished in 1 hour and 4 min.
- The time taken to finish the bike was 3 hours (that is 30 km /h on bike).
- Time to complete the run was 3 hours (about 7 km/h running speed).